The Pantheist’s worship
The pantheist worships by completing the (natural) GOD procedure.
The henotheist worships by completing the (cultural) God procedure.
In the everyday world culture trumps nature.
© 2020 by Victor Langheld
The pantheist1 worships2,3 by completing4 the (natural) GOD procedure.5,6,7
The henotheist worships8 by completing the (cultural) God procedure.9,10,11
In the everyday world12 culture13 trumps nature.14
© 2020 by Victor Langheld
1. The mature pantheist completes the natural emergence of identifiable reality procedure (or program) actually. The immature pantheist completes that natural procedure virtually.
2. i.e. submits to by iterating, i.e. copying or recopying and so reinforcing, virtually or actually. In fact, worshipping actually means actual or virtual self-rebooting (or self-refreshing) with the (natural) or a cultural survival procedure (as strategy) proven to increase survival capacity. The focus of worship, as idol or icon, serves as reboot trigger (or button), its shape (or name) distinguishing the particular reboot required for (local, i.e. personal or group) survival.
3. The NOD defines ‘worship’ as: ‘the acts or rites (i.e. the service) that make up a formal expression of reverence for a deity.’ Worship (i.e. re-enactment and so reinforcement of the rules) is intensified (to merging) by superimposing the emotions of awe, wonder, love and so on (for instance the ‘numinous’, so Rudolf Otto) upon the deity/idol (as rules patron as superimposed formal representation of the emergence proicedure). In this regard see the inconclusive: ‘The concept of worship’ by Ninian Smart (1972). It is interesting to note that the word ‘worship’ does not translate into German, where the nearest equivalents are ‘Dienst’ (i.e. ‘service’, actually self-service) or ‘Anbetung’ (i.e. ‘praying at’).
4. i.e. by stopping, ending or closing, thus limiting and thereby making identifiable.
5. The GOD procedure consist of the basic (or primary because common) constraints, thus rules set that decides the emergence of natural identifiable realities (i.e. eco-systems), whereby the icon GOD, generated by the worshipper, merely serves as (representative) patron of, i.e. flags or highlights the rules set.
6. In other words, the pantheist does, virtually or actually, what comes naturally.
7. And by so actually doing (or performing virtually) attains closure (i.e. completion, procedure ending) and thereby salvation.
8. The mature henotheist completes the emergence of a selected, hence cultural) identifiable reality procedure. The immature henotheist completes that cultural procedure, designed to give him/her a survival edge, virtually.
9. The henotheist’s (i.e. a, any) God, as selected (survival procedure) adaptation (or modification), consists of the (i.e. any) secondary, because uncommon rules set that governs the emergence of a cultural identifiable reality (or eco-system) with proven added survival capacity.
10. In other words, the henotheist does, virtually or actually, what comes culturally.
11. And by so actually doing (or performing virtually) attains a selected (thus cultural) salvation.
12. i.e. in the short (one life cycle) term.
13. i.e. local adaptation (for instance mutation), i.e. my God (as secondary procedure).
14. In the long term nature, i.e. GOD as basic, i.e. common emergence procedure (to wit, the pantheist) trumps, i.e. self-selects as ‘the fittest’ culture, God as short term (or local) cultural adaptation.